Costs and Rules
Understanding what you get and what you pay:
- Membership fee: $250/mo
- Hourly operating fees are as low as $54.94/hr (dry)
- When you check out the airplane to take your flight the fuel tanks will be full. When you check the aircraft back in after use, you are required to fill the fuel tanks up to the tabs for the next person(full).
- Flight time is purchased in buckets of 10, 20, and 40 hours below is an example of pricing:
- Cessna 150 13Q
- Basic Membership: 10, 20, or 40 hrs (at 40 you get prices as low as $75.96/hr)
- Frequent Flyer Membership: 10, 20, or 40 hours (at 40 you get prices as low as $54.94/hr)
- FAA Approved GLEIM BATD Flight Simulator
- $55/hr for Basic Members
- Free for Frequent Flyer Members
- Cessna 150 13Q
- You can fill up your account with up to 40 hours of flight time. Hours used are based on HOBBS time meaning you will not be billed for hours the aircraft is not in use. Your hours never expire as long as you pay your monthly membership fee and are in good standing with the club.
- There are Club Member CFIs, some of whom may offer discounted instruction rates as low as $50/hr to members of the club. Most are the standard $75+ per hour. You can also bring your own CFI if you know one whom you would like to learn from.
- Scheduling time in the aircraft is called making a “reservation”. It’s done through the Club’s online scheduling system. You can make reservations anywhere you have an internet connection and can log in. You are limited to three reservations at a time and cannot make a fourth reservation until you fly one, or cancel one.
- Keeping the aircraft overnight will incur an overnight fee of $50. If you cannot return the aircraft when scheduled due to weather then the overnight fee and all hourly operating fees for that unforeseen time will be waived. You have to let the club office know via phone or email for the fees to be waived. PLEASE DO NOT FLY IN BAD WEATHER to save money! It won’t save you money, just give us a call and we will waive all charges associated with a no-go decision.
- Each member in good standing will be given access to the keys to the club aircraft (and hangar if applicable). Please lock the aircraft whenever you are away from it and always tie the aircraft down appropriately, wipe the bugs off the wing, and clean up any items you bring with you.
- There are no maintenance fees or annual dues for members. It’s all covered by the above fees. We have provided some example sums for you below to help you understand how to calculate your costs.
- Though there are no regular or ongoing maintenance fees however members are responsible for covering the costs of maintenance/repairs of any damages to the aircraft during their time with the airplanes.
It’s an absolute joy to have your own airplane. It brings with it freedom and satisfaction unparalleled by most other things in life. Use common sense, be compliant with all applicable FARs, and be safe! The better we take care of these wonderful machines the more we can all enjoy them for years to come.
A basic member cost calculation:
40 hrs x $54.94/hr + $250 for the first month = $2447.60 at the start and then $250/mo each month until 40 hours are flown off.