What is a Discovery Flight?
Simply put, it’s the experience of flying in a small airplane. See the spectacular Lake Tahoe area from the sky and experience taking the controls yourself and soaring through the sky!
This is a hands-on experience with a Certified Flight Instructor for about an hour. You and one friend will depart from KMEV Minden-Tahoe Airport and fly up over the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Whether you are looking to get your pilot’s license or just want to know what it’s like to fly in a small airplane, the discovery flight is for you.
Sometimes called an introductory flight here are some things you should know:
- Reservations must be made prior to the day of your flight
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- May be purchased as a gift
- Weather may cause the flight to be rescheduled
- Half the cost of your Introductory Flight or Discovery Flight can be applied toward your club membership should you decide to join